Who we are
Our website address is: https://lowcountryvilla.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your name and/or email address when you use one of the following methods:
- Joining our email list
- Entering a contest we are running
- Participating in a survey
- Sending us an email
These methods allow us to communicate with you directly via email.
Our website uses the WordPress platform. WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors except Registered Users and our site does not setup external Registered users.
We turned off the Comments feature in WordPress.
We do not use Contact Forms; visit our Contact page for our phone number, email address, and social media handles.
How can I “take back” the information you collected from me?
Use the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email campaign we send out. Just click the Unsubscribe button to be removed from our email campaign list.
MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
If you haven’t fallen asleep yet …
Cookies Specific for WordPress sites:
- Leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. If you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Our website has not enabled the Comments or Registered Users features.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data Used: Refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects.
Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics.
Data Used: In order to record page views via WordPress.com Stats (which must be enabled for page view tracking here to work) with additional loads, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: Page views will be tracked with each additional load (i.e. when you scroll down to the bottom of the page and a new set of posts loads automatically). If the site owner has enabled Google Analytics to work with this feature, a page view event will also be sent to the appropriate Google Analytics account with each additional load.
Data Used: A visitor’s preference on viewing the mobile version of a site.
Activity Tracked: A cookie (
akm_mobile) is stored for 3.5 days to remember whether or not a visitor of the site wishes to view its mobile version. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
Data Used: Any of the visitor-chosen search filters and query data in order to process a search request on the WordPress.com servers.