Where is Harbor Island?
Harbor Island, SC is a private barrier sea island in the Lowcountry area near Beaufort. A beautiful vacation spot to get away from it all.
Is the Beach Close?
Yes, there are several boardwalks in back of the unit to access the beautiful 2+ mile beach
Is there anything to do?
Do little or do a lot on the island, but don’t expect crowds. Wake up to sunrises over the beach and live by the tide. There are over two miles of beautiful beach to explore on long walks or runs. Nature is all around with sand dunes covered with sea oats and other coastal grasses, turtles, crabs, dolphins feeding close to shore and birds, birds, birds. The peaceful gated community has 24-hour security allowing you to retreat, relax and recharge without worries.
Beach & Racquet Club
Harbor Island's Beach & Racquet Club ("the BRC") is just a quick walk from the villa and amenities include:
- Large Lap Swimming Pool & Kiddie Pool (Open April 1 - October 31)
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball Court
- Golf Putting Green
- WiFi (network name Beach_&_Racket_Club)
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Gym area with cardio machines and weights
- Turtle's Nest store
Amenities are included in the rental
Condo Swimming Pools
Besides the swimming pool at the BRC, there are 2 pools at the villa complexes (Open April 1 - October 31)
Fishing and Crabbing Dock
Located on Harbor Drive between the security entrance and the condo
- Birding - Ready for a "Big Year"? Harbor Island is in a designated National Audubon Society Important Bird Area
- Harbor Island Turtle Program - Nest Protection
- Turtle's Nest store @ the BRC has a few bikes for rent
- Island Spirit on Harbor Island offers golf cart, SUP, kayak, bike, beach tent, and corn hole game rentals