Where is Harbor Island?
Harbor Island is a private barrier sea island in the Lowcountry area near Beaufort, South Carolina.
How far is Hunting Island State Park from Harbor Island?
Harbor Island is about 2 miles from Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina's most popular state park.
A Hunting Island State Park park pass is provided to use during your stay at the villa. The pass allows access to parking, beach, hiking trails and the nature center.
What is happening on the island?
Do a little or a lot - there are lots of on-island events and activities
What amenities are included with the rental?
Access to Harbor Island's Beach & Racquet Club ("the BRC") is included with the rental and is just a quick walk from the villa:
- Large Lap Swimming Pool & Kiddie Pool (Open April 1 - October 31)
- Seasonal store for bike rentals, snacks, drinks, and souvenirs
- WiFi (network name Beach_&_Racket_Club)
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball Court
- Golf Putting Green
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Gym area with cardio machines and weights
Click a photo to view a slideshow
Are there fishing and crabbing docks?
Yes, the fishing and crabbing docks are located on Harbor Drive between the security entrance and the condos.
- Birding - Ready for a "Big Year"? Harbor Island is in a designated National Audubon Society Important Bird Area
- Harbor Island Turtle Program - Nest Protection
- Turtle's Nest store @ the BRC has a few bikes for rent
- Island Spirit on Harbor Island offers golf cart, SUP, kayak, bike, beach tent, and corn hole game rentals
Also, check out the following links for more travel resources:
Where can I rent a bike, kayak or SUP?
- Higher Ground on Lady's Island is our recommended place for kayak tours and rentals; they also offer SUP tours and rentals.
- Store @ the Beach & Racquet Club has a few bikes for rent when open during the summer
- Island Spirit on Harbor Island also offers golf cart, SUP, kayak, bike, beach tent, and corn hole game rentals, but may be harder to contact