There are over two miles of beautiful, peaceful beach to enjoy on long walks and runs. You will be surrounded with nature with dunes covered with sea oats and other coastal grasses, turtles, crabs, dolphins feeding close to shore and birds, birds, birds. The private gated community has 24-hour security to allow you to retreat, relax and recharge without worries.
Inside the Villa
Here are the details about the inside of Lowcountry Villa, a Harbor Island SC Vacation Rental:
The unit's front door private entrance is on the 2nd floor in the Oceanfront D-Building of the Cedar Reef Villas condo complex.
Large Appliances: Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator with ice-maker, Washer & Dryer
Dishes, Drinkware, Flatware, Cutlery, Cookware, Bakeware, a Lowcountry Boil pot, Kitchen Tools & Accessories – we like to cook, so we tried to think of everything!
Dining Room with a large Lowcountry Boil table with four chairs and a bench seat
Living Room with a large couch with chaise
High-speed Internet, an HDMI-compatible Flat Screen TV with Xfinity Cable, DVD Player, a collection of DVDs, cards and board games
Click a photo to view a slideshow
- Two Bedrooms are located on the top floor of the villa to sleep 5
- Three Tempur-Pedic Beds: Oceanfront Bedroom (1 King bed), Sunset Facing Bedroom (1 Queen, 1 Twin)
- Each bedroom has an HDMI-compatible Flat Screen TV with Xfinity Cable, ceiling fan and en-suite bathroom with shower and tub
Click a photo to view a slideshow
Lowcountry Villa Reviews
By CarHere are some approximate driving distances for travel to Harbor Island SC:
- Hunting Island State Park2 miles
- 10 miles - Frogmore
- 15 miles - Lady's Island
- 16 miles - Beaufort
- 23 miles - MCRD Parris Island
- 60 miles - Savannah
- 85 miles - Charleston
- 150 miles - Columbia
- 250 miles - Charlotte
- 300 miles - Atlanta
- 550 miles - Nashville
- 570 miles - Washington, DC
- 760 miles - Indianapolis
- 800 miles - New York City
- 950 miles - Chicago
- Savannah-Hilton Head Island International Airport is the most convenient airport to Harbor Island SC with flights on Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Sun Country, and United Airlines with car rental options.
- Charleston International Airport is also convenient to Harbor Island SC flights on Southwest Airlines with car rental options.
- Yemassee, SC Amtrak Station is 40 miles travel to Harbor Island SC (no car rental options)
Harbor Island is about 2 miles from Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina's most popular state park.
A Hunting Island State Park park pass is provided to use during your stay at the villa. The pass allows access to parking, beach, hiking trails and the nature center.
- Large Lap Swimming Pool & Kiddie Pool (Open April 1 - October 31)
- Seasonal store for bike rentals, snacks, drinks, and souvenirs
- WiFi (network name Beach_&_Racket_Club)
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball Court
- Golf Putting Green
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Gym area with cardio machines and weights
Probably, Harbor Island is a certified Community Wildlife Habitat.
The island is part of the Beaufort Barrier Islands Important Bird Area as designated by the National Audubon Society.
If you are visiting during May through October, you may find evidence of sea turtle nesting and hatching. Harbor Island has a Sea Turtle Nest Protection Program that is permitted by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
Links for more information:
- Harbor Island Turtle Program - Facebook Page for the latest nesting and hatching news, photos and video
- 2018's Harbor Island Information - the Dos and Don'ts
- SeaTurtle.org - Harbor Island SC Statistics - the #s
You can support the Turtle Program through their Amazon Smile Referral Link.
When are the Turtle Talks? Check out the calendar below
Higher Ground on Lady's Island is our recommended place for kayak tours and rentals; they also offer SUP tours and rentals.
Dock Fishing and Crabbing on Harbor Island SC
The fishing and crabbing docks are located on Harbor Drive between the security entrance and the condos.
Surf Fishing on Harbor Island SC
Tip - North end of the beach is best
Besides the swimming pool at the BRC, there are 2 pools at the villa complexes (Open April 1 - October 31)
Link to Channel Guide
Lowcountry Villa can be reserved through the following online booking options:
TideWatch Vacations, our property manager, now lists Lowcountry Villa's availability calendar, photos, property details and has payment options available on their website. They also have other Harbor Island SC Rental options smaller villas and larger houses.
Travel Aggregator Websites
Travel Aggregators pull their listings from a collection of travel, hotel and OTA websites. These websites may not be the best source for smaller locations such as Harbor Island SC since the results may be grouped with larger cities. We have found Lowcountry Villa listed on the following travel aggregator websites: