Harbor Island SC has over two miles of beautiful, peaceful beach to enjoy on long walks and runs. You will be surrounded with nature with dunes covered with sea oats and other coastal grasses, turtles, crabs, dolphins feeding close to shore and birds, birds, birds. The private gated community has 24-hour security to allow you to retreat, relax and recharge without worries.
Inside the Villa
Here are the details about the inside of Lowcountry Villa:
The front door entrance is on the 2nd floor in the Oceanfront D-Building of the Cedar Reef Villas complex.
- Large Appliances - Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator with ice-maker, Washer & Dryer
- Small Appliances - Blender, Coffee Grinder, Coffee Maker (12-cup Carafe or K-Cup Brewing), Slow Cooker (Programmable 3.5 Quart), Toaster
- Pots, pans, dishes, and utensils – we like to cook, so we tried to think of everything!
- Dining Room with a large Lowcountry Boil table with four chairs and bench
- Living Room with a large couch with chaise
- High-speed Internet, HDMI-compatible Flat Screen TV with Xfinity Cable, DVD Player, a collection of DVDs, cards and board games
- Balcony door opens for the breeze (access is not currently allowed by the association due to pending repairs).
Click a photo to view a slideshow
- Two Bedrooms are located on the top floor of the villa to sleep 5
- Three Tempur-Pedic Beds: Oceanfront Bedroom (1 King bed), Sunset Facing Bedroom (1 Queen, 1 Twin)
- Each bedroom has a flat screen TV, ceiling fan and en-suite bathroom with shower and tub
Click a photo to view a slideshow
Lowcountry Villa Reviews
Me and my family had a wonderful week relaxing and enjoying the flora and fauna of Harbor Island, SC.
The condo was very cozy and we felt at home from the moment we walked in. It was very organized and stocked with everything we needed and more. Would recommend for people who like to cook. Thank You
We had such a great time on Harbor Island. It was our first time visiting and we can’t wait to come back. The condo was excellent and had everything we needed for our stay. It was a short walk to the beach and our kids loved looking at all the creatures once we got there. We saw hermit crabs, sand crabs and horseshoe crabs. The shallow water was great for the kids to swim in. We recommend driving a mile or so to Hunting Island State Park beach too. Felt like we were driving through a rainforest only to reach a beautiful secluded beach. The Palm trees framing the beach made it feel like a tropical island. Beaufort is a short 15 minute ride and has many great shops and restaurants on the water…. and some great ice cream parlors for the kids, and adults 🙂 Rob was great to deal with and answered all of our questions about the area. We look forward to returning very soon!! -NY transplants in Columbia SC.
Perfect accommodations – Well stocked, perfect layout, great location and beach access
We loved staying here! The condo was super clean and comfortable. The views were unbelievable with an immense beach right outside. Quiet, peaceful, convenient. Joanna was very nice and fast to respond. Thank you!
Our list of Frequently Asked Questions to help plan your Harbor Island SC Vacation:
Harbor Island SC is a remote sea island in the Lowcountry area, but with convenient travel options from nearby historic Beaufort and Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia.
Here are some approximate driving distances for travel to Harbor Island SC:
- 2 miles - Hunting Island State Park
- 10 miles - Frogmore
- 15 miles - Lady's Island
- 16 miles - Beaufort
- 23 miles - MCRD Parris Island
- 60 miles - Savannah
- 85 miles - Charleston
- 150 miles - Columbia
- 250 miles - Charlotte
- 300 miles - Atlanta
- 550 miles - Nashville
- 570 miles - Washington, DC
- 760 miles - Indianapolis
- 800 miles - New York City
- 950 miles - Chicago
To access Harbor Island from Saint Helena Island on Sea Island Parkway (US Route 21), you must first cross the Harbor Island Bridge. The Bridge is currently undergoing a replacement project so be cautious for the construction team and delays.
After crossing the Bridge, the security gate entrance to Harbor Island is located on the left at 1 Harbor Island Drive.
Note: Most online maps for Harbor Island addresses will use the post office mailing address, Saint Helena Island instead of Harbor Island.
- Savannah-Hilton Head Island International Airport is the most convenient airport to Harbor Island SC with flights on Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Sun Country, and United Airlines with car rental options.
- Charleston International Airport is also convenient to Harbor Island SC flights on Southwest Airlines with car rental options.
- Yemassee, SC Amtrak Station is 40 miles travel to Harbor Island SC (no car rental options)
Harbor Island is about 2 miles from Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina's most popular state park.
A Hunting Island State Park park pass is provided to use during your stay at the villa. The pass allows access to parking, beach, hiking trails and the nature center.
- Large Lap Swimming Pool & Kiddie Pool (Open April 1 - October 31)
- Seasonal store for bike rentals, snacks, drinks, and souvenirs
- WiFi (network name Beach_&_Racket_Club)
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball Court
- Golf Putting Green
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Gym area with cardio machines and weights
- Higher Ground on Lady's Island is our recommended place for kayak tours and rentals; they also offer SUP tours and rentals.
- Store @ the Beach & Racquet Club has a few bikes for rent when open during the summer
- Island Spirit on Harbor Island also offers golf cart, SUP, kayak, bike, beach tent, and corn hole game rentals
Yes, the fishing and crabbing docks are located on Harbor Drive between the security entrance and the condos.
Yes, Besides the swimming pool at the BRC, there are 2 pools at the villa complexes (Open April 1 - October 31)
Link to Channel Guide